Aloo Gobhi Dhaba Style
Potato and cauliflower curry cooked dhaba style!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 person
- 350 gms Cauliflower /phool gobhi
- 350 gms Potatoes / Aloo
- 250 gms Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Fenugreek / Kasoori Methi
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- To taste Salt / Namak
Wash cauliflower and slice into medium size florets
Soak the florets turmeric water for 15 minutes to remove any worms hidden inside the florets.(add 1/2 tsp turmeric in 2 glasses of water )
Wash it again with plain tap water and spread on a kitchen towel to absorb the water.
Peel potatoes and make medium thick slices.
Heat enough oil in a pan and deep fry cauliflower till golden in colour.
Drain on a paper napkin and keep aside.
Deep fry the potato slices till they become golden and get cooked.
Drain on a paper napkin.
Take about 3 tbsp of oil in a pan and add cumin and asafoetida.
When cumin start to crackle then add the grated ginger and saute for few seconds.
Now add chopped tomato and salt and cook till tomatoes become soft and mushy.
Add all the remaining spices and cook till oil start to separate from the sides of the tomato masala.
Now add fried potato and cauliflower and mix gently.
Cover it with a lid and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
Add chopped coriander and serve hot with paratha ,naan or roti
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 1790mg | Potassium: 808mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1150IU | Vitamin C: 78.4mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 2.2mg