Methi Dana Ki Subzi
Methi Dana Sabzi- A very healthy stir fry of Fenugreek sprouts
Servings: 2 bowls
- 3 cup Fenugreek sprouts/ Methi dana sprouts
- 6 Dry dates /khaarik
- 1.5 tbsp Raisins / Kishmish
- 1 tbsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/3 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai
- 1/3 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/3 tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 4 Dried Red Chilli, Whole
Wash and rinse the sprouts and drain the water.
In a pan heat the oil and then add the tempering.
When cumin start to crackle then add chopped green chilies and raisins and give a nice stir.
De seed and slice the dates,if they are too dry then soak in water for few hours.
Now add sliced dates and turmeric in the pan and mix.
Add the sprouts and saute for a minute on medium heat.
Add 1/2 cup water and salt and mix.
Cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat.
When the seed become slightly soft then add mango powder and cook on high heat to remove all the moisture.
When the curry become dry then remove from the gas stove
Serve hot or cold,Can easily stays well in the refrigerator for a week.
serving suggestions- serve about 2 tbsps of curry with roti or rice as a side dish or pickle.
Note- You can also add Fresh raw mango pieces or lemon juice instead of mango powder