Dana Methi Sabzi- A healthy and quick stir fry of sprouted fenugreek seeds
Sprouted Dana Methi Sabzi- The golden tiny seed of fenugreek is packed with nutrients .It is used in Indian and Asian countries and is also used in various Ayurvedic medicines .
Methi seeds are very good for cardiac health as it prevents the absorption of cholesterol and controls triglycerides . Helps to control heart rate and blood pressure. flush out the toxins from the body and also aids digestion, gives relief from gastric troubles and inflammation.It also have anti viral property so relieve from cold and sore throat. Methi dana subzi is also a very good post natal food and for lactating mothers .
In Rajasthan Methidana is used in many preparations.My mother makes a delicious Rajasthani Methi ki Launji which is a sweet and tangy pickle and have a long shelf life.Papad methi ki subzi is again a specialty from Rajasthan which is a very delicious and quick curry recipe.
Sprouting increase the nutritional value and makes it easier to digest .Raw fenugreek seeds can not be consumed more then a tsp but if they are sprouted you can eat them daily without any complained about the bitter taste. Sprouting fenugreek seeds is quite easy.
Once you make the Methi sprouts then you can make this dana methi ki subzi quickly .Can make it in large quantity and use it easily for few days as it stays well in the refrigerator for about 10 days .It is also a good travel food .It is best to have this methi dana ki sabzi during winters and as it is hot in nature/taaseer take in small portions during summer season.
I have posted the method here- How to make Fenugreek sprouts
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
Methi Dana Ki Subzi
- 3 cup Fenugreek sprouts/ Methi dana sprouts
- 6 Dry dates /khaarik
- 1.5 tbsp Raisins / Kishmish
- 1 tbsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/3 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai
- 1/3 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/3 tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 4 Dried Red Chilli, Whole
- Wash and rinse the sprouts and drain the water.
- In a pan heat the oil and then add the tempering.
- When cumin start to crackle then add chopped green chilies and raisins and give a nice stir.
- De seed and slice the dates,if they are too dry then soak in water for few hours.
- Now add sliced dates and turmeric in the pan and mix.
- Add the sprouts and saute for a minute on medium heat.
- Add 1/2 cup water and salt and mix.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat.
- When the seed become slightly soft then add mango powder and cook on high heat to remove all the moisture.
- When the curry become dry then remove from the gas stove
- Serve hot or cold,Can easily stays well in the refrigerator for a week.
Anjanaji dish looks yummy and very healthy! will try it soon
Prepared this for the third time. So delicious every time and fenugreek sprouts are so beneficial for body’s health. Thank you Anjana for this wonderful preparation’s step by step instructions. btw. it is also a popular dish on Konkan coast, especially by the people of Maharastrian origin.
sounds perfecr.i was looking for this recipe for a long time.
Thank you ,you are a great help.
pictures look yummy and recipe inspires to cook
Looks so yummy and healthy