Puli Miligai Recipe ,Chili pickle in Tamarind and Jaggary
Green chili pickle with tamarind and jaggary
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Total Time13 mins
Servings: 3 people
- 350 gms Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1/4 cup Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 40 gm Tamarind / Imli size of 2 lemons
- 2.5 tbsp Jaggary / Gud
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 2.5 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds / Methidana
- 1/3 cup Cooking Oil
Wash and pat dry the green chilies.
Chop into medium size pieces or slit lengthwise
Soak tamarind in a cup of water for 25 minutes and then mash it and remove the seeds
Heat oil in a pan and add asafoetida ,fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds
When mustard start crackling add the chopped green chilies and ginger
Saute for a minute on medium heat.
Now add salt,turmeric ,tamarind water and grated jaggary.
Cook till it thickens.
Store in a glass bottle when cools down completely
Shelf life- Easily stays fresh for 4-5 days at room temperature and for 15 days in refrigerator.
you can adjust the consistency according to your preference,can make it thin or thick,taste great both ways
Can chop into medium or fine roundels or slit lengthwise