Cabbage and Carrot Sambharo
A delicious stir fry of grated carrot and cabbage
Servings: 4 people
- 2 cup Carrot / Gajar grated
- 3 cup Cabbage / Patta Gobhi
- 3/4 cup Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch sliced
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 2.5 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 2.5 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 3 tbso Cooking Oil
- 1.5 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 10 Curry Leaves
- 3 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch slit lengthwise
Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
When seeds starts crackling add asafoetida,curry leaves and green chilies.
Now add turmeric powder and grated cabbage and saute for few seconds.
Then add capsicum julienne s, grated carrot, salt and mix well.
Cover the pan with a lid and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes or till slightly cooked but remain crisp and crunchy.
Add sugar and lemon juice, mix well and remove from the gas stove.
Serve hot or at room temperature
[recipe]Serving suggestions- Serve as a salad,side dish or as a filling for sandwiches and wrapes.
Sending it to -Renbehan event