Tandoori Aloo Recipe
Baby potatoes marinated and stir fried with yogurt and Indian spices
Servings: 5 person
- 15 Baby Potatoes / Chhote Aloo
- 1 cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak paste
- To Taste Salt / Namak
- 1.5 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 3/4 Tsp Roasted Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- 3/4 tsp Dry Mint / Sookha Pudina
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- Few drops Food Colour Orange (optional)
Par boil potatoes in water with a tsp of salt added.
Peel the boiled potatoes .
In a big bowl add yogurt, mustard oil,1 tsp lemon juice and all the spices in it.
Mix well and add the boiled potatoes in it.
Cover the bowl and let the potatoes marinate for 2-3 hours (or overnight in the refrigerator if you want to plan ahead )
If you want to make them instantly then add 1 tsp of dry roasted gram flour/besan in it.
Take a wide and thick bottom pan or a non stick pan and add the potatoes in a single layer in it.
let the potatoes cook on medium high flame in the pan,stir occasionally.
When the marination almost dries up and potatoes get roasted then remove from the pan.
Drizzle some lemon juice and serve hot .
Serving suggestions- Serve with mint chutney as a snack,starter or use as a side dish.
- Instead of roasting in the pan you can also roast the potatoes in an oven on the highest temperature for about 15 minutes or arrange on a skewer and grill on a B.B.Q
- Can also add some blanched cauliflower,mushroom and paneer in the marination.
- If baby potatoes are not available then can use big chunks of par boiled potatoes.
- Use of orange /tandoori colour is optional,you can add turmeric instead