Tindli Ki Subzi,Kudru Recipe
Stir fried Ivy gourd with mild Indian spices
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 person
- 550 gm Ivy Gourd / Tindli / Kundru
- 1 medium Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 8 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Split White Gram / Safed Urad
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1.5 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder ori
- 3/4 tsp Sambhar Powder
- To taste Salt / Namak
Wash kundru and trim both the ends and slice to make vertical pieces,about 4-6 from a tindora.
Heat oil in a heavy and broad pan and add urad daal,cumin and rai.
When seeds start crackling add hing and curry patta .
Now add turmeric and the sliced tindora and saute for a minute.
Add salt and chopped tomato,mix and cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat.
Keep checking and stirring in between to avoid sticking at the bottom of the pan.
When tindli get cooked but remain crisp then add all the remaining spices and mix it well.
Cook uncovered for a minute on medium heat.
Serve hot with roti and steamed rice.