Amchoor ki Meethi Chutney, Saunth Chutney Recipe
Sweet chutney made with mango powder, sugar and Indian spices
- 1.5 cup Sugar / Chini
- 4.5 tbsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1.5 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- 1.5 tsp Ginger Powder / Saunth
- 6 Sundried Dates / Chuhara / Kharik
- 1.5 tsp Melon Seeds / Magaz / Kharbooje Ke Beej
- 5 Cloves / Lavang
- 4 Black Cardamom / Badi Elaichi
- 15 Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch
- 5 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
Peel black cardamom and green cardamom and take out the seeds .
Now grind the cardamom seeds along with cloves and pepper corn and make a powder and keep aside.
Soak dry dates for 4 hour ,remove the seed and chop to make thin slices.
Add 1.5 cups of water in a pan.
Add mango powder and mix well and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
Add sugar, salt, black salt, saunth,chili powder and simmer for 10 minutes.
Then add chopped dates, kishmish, ground garam masala, roasted cumin and mix.
Simmer till it started to thicken.
Now remove from the flame,it will thicken further when it cool down completely,so cook according to it.
When it thickens the thickness look like honey.
Store in a glass jar when cool down completely.
Stay well for minimum 6 months at room temperature if cooked properly
- You can also use jaggary instead of sugar.
- Freshly ground garam masla gives a very nice flavour so avoid using store brought garam masala.