Amchoor ki Chutney- Sweet chutney made with mango powder, sugar and Indian spices
Amchoor Ki Chutney/ Amchoor ki meethi chutney or Saunth is a very popular chutney in North India.Dips and relishes are an integral part of every cuisine ,but we Indians use and make so many varieties of dips , each with a different twist in taste which cannot be compared to any one else in the world.
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Amchoor ki Meethi Chutney, Saunth Chutney Recipe
- 1.5 cup Sugar / Chini
- 4.5 tbsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1.5 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- 1.5 tsp Ginger Powder / Saunth
- 6 Sundried Dates / Chuhara / Kharik
- 1.5 tsp Melon Seeds / Magaz / Kharbooje Ke Beej
- 5 Cloves / Lavang
- 4 Black Cardamom / Badi Elaichi
- 15 Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch
- 5 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- Peel black cardamom and green cardamom and take out the seeds .
- Now grind the cardamom seeds along with cloves and pepper corn and make a powder and keep aside.
- Soak dry dates for 4 hour ,remove the seed and chop to make thin slices.
- Add 1.5 cups of water in a pan.
- Add mango powder and mix well and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, salt, black salt, saunth,chili powder and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Then add chopped dates, kishmish, ground garam masala, roasted cumin and mix.
- Simmer till it started to thicken.
- Now remove from the flame,it will thicken further when it cool down completely,so cook according to it.
- When it thickens the thickness look like honey.
- Store in a glass jar when cool down completely.
- Stay well for minimum 6 months at room temperature if cooked properly
- You can also use jaggary instead of sugar.
- Freshly ground garam masla gives a very nice flavour so avoid using store brought garam masala.