Jawar Bajra Ki Roti
Jawar Bajra Ki Roti - Indian flat bread made with sorghum and pearl millet
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 3 people
- 1.5 cup Jawar ka atta/sorghum flour
- 1.5 cup Pearl millet flour /Bajra aata
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 3/4 cup Fresh Fenugreek / Hari Methi chopped
- pinch Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
- Salt / Namak to taste
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
Wash methi leaves and chop them finely(discard the hard stems and yellow leaves)
Take a big bowl add all the flours and spices.
Now add chopped fenugreek and mix it well with the flour.
Add just enough water to make a soft dough.
Rest the dough for 2-3 minutes.
Knead the dough again.
Make small balls from the dough.
Dust the dough ball with dry flour and roll to make a disc/roti.
Transfer the rolled roti on a medium hot griddle.
Cook till golden spot appear on one side.
Turn the side and cook again.
Now remove the roti from the griddle and cook it directly on the flame.
Cook from both sides on medium heat till you get golden spots all over it.
Remove and apply ghee or butter on it.