Jawar Bajra Ki Roti – Indian flat bread made with sorghum and pearl millet
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Jawar Bajra Ki Roti
- 1.5 cup Jawar ka atta/sorghum flour
- 1.5 cup Pearl millet flour /Bajra aata
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 3/4 cup Fresh Fenugreek / Hari Methi chopped
- pinch Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
- Salt / Namak to taste
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- Wash methi leaves and chop them finely(discard the hard stems and yellow leaves)
- Take a big bowl add all the flours and spices.
- Now add chopped fenugreek and mix it well with the flour.
- Add just enough water to make a soft dough.
- Rest the dough for 2-3 minutes.
- Knead the dough again.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Dust the dough ball with dry flour and roll to make a disc/roti.
- Transfer the rolled roti on a medium hot griddle.
- Cook till golden spot appear on one side.
- Turn the side and cook again.
- Now remove the roti from the griddle and cook it directly on the flame.
- Cook from both sides on medium heat till you get golden spots all over it.
- Remove and apply ghee or butter on it.