Kachchi Haldi Ki Sabzi
Fresh turmeric and yogurt curry – a winter specialty from Rajasthan
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time22 mins
- 170 gms Fresh turmeric /kachchi haldi
- 5 tbsp Ghee/clarified butter
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds / jeera
- 3/4 tsp Chili powder/lal mirch
- To Taste Salt
- 1 cup Yogurt / Dahi
Scrape fresh turmeric with a knife to remove the skin.
Grate with a thick grater or chop in a electric chopper.
Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
Add cumin and when it become golden then add the turmeric.
Saute on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Add beaten yogurt,salt and chili powder.
Keep stirring till it start to thicken.
When ghee start floating on top of the subzi then remove from heat.
Stays well for a fortnight.
Serving suggestions- Serve a tsp of turmeric subzi with your daily meals.Goes well with rice or any bread.
- You can also add 1/4 cup of boiled peas at step 6.
- The consistency of curry can be semi thick to dry,depends on your preference.