Khasta Gobhi /Crisp Caulflower Fritters
Crisp fried cauliflower fritters
Servings: 4 people
- 250 gms Cauliflower /phool gobhi
- 3/4 cup Gram flour /besan – 3/4 cup
- 3/4 cup Arrowroot / Corn Flour / Tapkir
- 1/4 cup Semolina /sooji – 1/4 cup
- 1.5 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- pinch Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- Pinch Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- TO Taste Salt – to taste
- To Fry Cooking oil
Make medium size florets from cauliflower.
Boil 2 glasses of water add 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
When it start boiling add cauliflower florets and cook for 1 minute.
Drain and let it cool down completely.
In a bowl add gram flour,corn flour,turmeric powder, semolina, salt, chili powder and cumin powder.
Add water in the mixture and whisk well.
Make a medium thick batter and rest for 10 minutes.
Dip the cauliflower florets in the batter and deep fry in hot oil on medium heat.
Fry till golden in colour.
Drain on a paper napkin and serve hot.
Serving suggestions-serve with tomato ketchup or any spicy dip