Dahi Wali Gobhi
Dahi wali gobhi- Cauliflower cooked in mildly spiced yogurt sauce.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 250 gm Cauliflower /phool gobhi
- 50 gm Green Peas / Hari Matar
- 1 cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 3/4 cup Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- 1 tbsp Gram flour / Besan
- 2.5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- To Taste Salt / Namak
Wash and make medium size florets from the cauliflower.Soak it in warm salted water for few minutes to remove any impurities
Wash and rinse with fresh water and wipe with a cloth napkin.
Heat oil in a wide and deep pan.Add mustard and cumin seeds.When seeds start crackling add ginger and saute for few seconds
Now add turmeric powder and cauliflower florets and give a good stir.Add salt,green peas and 1 cup water.
Cover with a lid and cook on slow heat till half done.
n a bowl take curd,gram flour and chili powder and mix well.Add this curd mixture in the curry and mix properly.
Add chopped tomatoes and mix.Now cover and simmer till done.
Add fresh coriander and garam masala when done.
Serve hot with poori,paratha or steamed rice.