Dry Coconut Chutney - for Vada Pav
A savoury dry masala powder made with peanut and spices
- 1/3 cup Peanuts / Moongphali
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds /til
- 1/2 cup Desiccated coconut /sookha nariyal
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- Salt / Namak to tasted
- 1/4 tsp Citric Acid/nimbu phool/taatri
- 2 tbsp Boondi optional
In a heavy bottom pan add sesame seeds and dry roast till they start crackling.
Remove from the pan and keep aside.
Heat 1tsp of oil in the pan and add peanuts and roast on low heat.
When they start changing the color then remove them from the pan.
Now add desiccated coconut and cumin in the pan and slightly roast (no need to change the color )
Add the toasted sesame seeds in the mixer and crush coarsely.
Now add all the fried ingredients,citric acid and spices in the mixer and crush to make a coarse powder.
Add fried boondi and churn again.
Store in a air tight bottle.