Dry Coconut chutney- savoury dry masala powder made with peanut and spices
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Dry Coconut Chutney - for Vada Pav
- 1/3 cup Peanuts / Moongphali
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds /til
- 1/2 cup Desiccated coconut /sookha nariyal
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- Salt / Namak to tasted
- 1/4 tsp Citric Acid/nimbu phool/taatri
- 2 tbsp Boondi optional
- In a heavy bottom pan add sesame seeds and dry roast till they start crackling.
- Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- Heat 1tsp of oil in the pan and add peanuts and roast on low heat.
- When they start changing the color then remove them from the pan.
- Now add desiccated coconut and cumin in the pan and slightly roast (no need to change the color )
- Add the toasted sesame seeds in the mixer and crush coarsely.
- Now add all the fried ingredients,citric acid and spices in the mixer and crush to make a coarse powder.
- Add fried boondi and churn again.
- Store in a air tight bottle.