Aloo Tamatar Ki Subzi - Potato and Tomato Curry
Aloo tamatar ki sabzi - Quick and easy tangy potato and tomato curry
Servings: 5 people
- 4 Potatoes / Aloo boiled ( 450 grams )
- 350 gms Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped
- 1 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar / Chini
- Salt / Namak to taste
- 1.5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1.5 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1o Curry Leaves
- 4 Dried Red Chilli, Whole
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
Peel and coarsely mash boiled potatoes.(don't make a paste)
Grind chopped tomatoes and green chilies in the mixer and make a fine and smooth paste.
Take a pan and add mashed potatoes and the ground tomato paste.
Add all the dry spices, few curry leaves and 2 .5 cups of water in the pan.
Mix well and let it cook on medium heat for about 7-8 minutes or till it thicken slightly.
Now heat oil and ghee in a small pan.
Add cumin seeds ,when seeds become golden in color add asafoetida ,curry leaves and whole red chilies.
Switch off the flame and after 2-3 seconds add the kashmiri mirch powder in the tempering.
Now pour the tempering over the boiling gravy.
Switch off the flame and add chopped coriander in the curry.
Cover with a lid and wait for 5 minutes so it will absorb all the flavors.
Serving suggestions-serve with poori ,paratha or any bread.
- You can add little more or less water in the curry according to the consistency you want to have in the curry .
- Can also add some boiled peas at step -3