Aloo tamatar ki sabzi – Quick and easy tangy potato and tomato curry
If you like potato curries then check these –
- Vrat ki aloo curry,
- Mathura ke dubki waley aloo ,
- Dahi ke aloo,
- Dum aloo masala ,
- Aloo Gobhi ki subzi
- Ajwaini Masala Arbi
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Aloo Tamatar Ki Subzi - Potato and Tomato Curry
- 4 Potatoes / Aloo boiled ( 450 grams )
- 350 gms Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped
- 1 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar / Chini
- Salt / Namak to taste
- 1.5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1.5 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1o Curry Leaves
- 4 Dried Red Chilli, Whole
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- Peel and coarsely mash boiled potatoes.(don't make a paste)
- Grind chopped tomatoes and green chilies in the mixer and make a fine and smooth paste.
- Take a pan and add mashed potatoes and the ground tomato paste.
- Add all the dry spices, few curry leaves and 2 .5 cups of water in the pan.
- Mix well and let it cook on medium heat for about 7-8 minutes or till it thicken slightly.
- Now heat oil and ghee in a small pan.
- Add cumin seeds ,when seeds become golden in color add asafoetida ,curry leaves and whole red chilies.
- Switch off the flame and after 2-3 seconds add the kashmiri mirch powder in the tempering.
- Now pour the tempering over the boiling gravy.
- Switch off the flame and add chopped coriander in the curry.
- Cover with a lid and wait for 5 minutes so it will absorb all the flavors.
- Serve hot.
- You can add little more or less water in the curry according to the consistency you want to have in the curry .
- Can also add some boiled peas at step -3