Roasted Phool Makhana Namkeen
Roasted Phool Makhana -Crisp and low fat stir fried lotus seed snack
Servings: 4 people
- 50 gms Phool Makhana / Lotus Seeds/ fox nut
- 2.5 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Sendha Namak /Rock Salt
- 1/2 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
Heat ghee or oil in a pan.Add lotus seeds and roast on low heat and keep stirring
Roast for about 10-12 minutes till they become crisp.
Press a roasted seed to check, if it is roasted well then it will break into pieces,and if it still feel soft and chewy then roast for some more times.
When roasted then add the spices and 1 tsp of ghee and mix well.
Let it cool down completely. Store in air tight jar.
Serving suggestions-serve as a snack with tea,coffee or any beverage