Rajasthani Missi Roti
Miisi Roti- Indian flat bread made with wheat flour,gram flour and spices
Prep Time8 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time23 mins
Servings: 3 people
- 1 cup Gram flour / Besan
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 1/3 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak
- 1.5 tsp Green chilies/Hari Mirch Minced
- To Taste Salt / Namak
- 1.5 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
In a big bowl add wheat flour and gram flour.Now add salt, ghee and all the spices.Add chopped fresh coriander or fenugreek leaves and mix well
Now add water and make a medium dough.Cover and rest for 5 minutes.
Make equal sized balls from the dough.Dust the ball with wheat flour and roll to make a medium thick disc/roti.
Place the roti on a medium hot griddle/tawa and cook from both the side till it changes its colour and get few golden spots.
Now remove roti from the griddle and cook on open flame on medium flame .
Cook from both the sides till get few golden spots all over.
Remove from the heat and apply ghee over it.Serve hot .
Serving suggestions-serve hot with butter, mix daal, curd and pickle
- You can add black gram flour/kala chaney ka besan instead of normal besan to make it more nutritious as kaley chane ka besan have more fibre in it.
- Can add chopped fresh methi instead of coriander in the dough.
- As gram flour is slightly heavy so don’t skip asafoetida and ajwain as they help to digest it.
- You can also add 1/2 cup wheat flour and 1/2 cup jawar (sorghum) flour.