Vrat ki Muthiya- Steamed sago and potato dumplings
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 3 people
- 1 cup Tapioca Pearls / Sago / Sabudana soaked
- 2 Potatoes / Aloo boiled
- 3/4 cup Amaranth Flour / Rajgiri Atta
- 2 tbsp Peanut crushed
- 2 Green chili/hari mirch chopped
- 1 Ginger / Adrak grated
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 2 tbsp Yogurt / Dahi
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- Salt / Namak to taste
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- 2-3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1.5 tsp sesame seeds /til
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 2 Green chilies
In a bowl add all the ingredients and mix well.
Grease your palms and make small and long roll from the mixture.
Grease the steamer plate and put all the rolls on it.
Boil enough water in a steamer and put the steamer plate in it(above the water level,can also use the rice cooker ).
Steam the rolls for 20 minutes on high heat.
Take out the plate from the steamer and let them cool down completely.
These rolls are soft in texture so gently slice the rolls with a greased and sharp knife.
Heat oil in a nonstick or heavy pan and add cumin,sesame seeds and asafoetida.
Now add sliced green chilies and sliced muthiya and stir fry on medium heat for around 5-7 minutes.
Keep turning the sides in between till they become golden in colour.
Serve with Fruit and nut chutney or date chutney.