Vrat ki Muthiya- Steamed sago and potato dumplings
If you are looking for more fasting recipes then check-
- Sabudana khichdi ,
- Sama potato patties,
- Jeera aloo and rajgiri poori,
- Vrat ki recipes
- Kuttu Aloo Ki Pakodi
Happy Krishna Janamashtami to all!!
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
- 1 cup Tapioca Pearls / Sago / Sabudana soaked
- 2 Potatoes / Aloo boiled
- 3/4 cup Amaranth Flour / Rajgiri Atta
- 2 tbsp Peanut crushed
- 2 Green chili/hari mirch chopped
- 1 Ginger / Adrak grated
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 2 tbsp Yogurt / Dahi
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- Salt / Namak to taste
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- 2-3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1.5 tsp sesame seeds /til
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 2 Green chilies
- In a bowl add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Grease your palms and make small and long roll from the mixture.
- Grease the steamer plate and put all the rolls on it.
- Boil enough water in a steamer and put the steamer plate in it(above the water level,can also use the rice cooker ).
- Steam the rolls for 20 minutes on high heat.
- Take out the plate from the steamer and let them cool down completely.
- These rolls are soft in texture so gently slice the rolls with a greased and sharp knife.
- Heat oil in a nonstick or heavy pan and add cumin,sesame seeds and asafoetida.
- Now add sliced green chilies and sliced muthiya and stir fry on medium heat for around 5-7 minutes.
- Keep turning the sides in between till they become golden in colour.
- Serve with Fruit and nut chutney or date chutney.