Paneer Butter Masala
Cottage cheese cooked in smooth and creamy tomato sauce
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 200 gms Cottage cheese / Paneer
- 4 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 2 tbsp Fresh cream or milk
- 2 tbsp Butter, Unsalted / Makkhan
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 3 tbsp Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1.5 tsp Kashmiri Chili powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/2 tsp Sugar / Chini
for making the paste
- 150 gm Grated bottle gourd
- 12 Cashew Nuts / Kaju
- 15 Melon Seeds / Magaz / Kharbooje Ke Beej
- 1 inch Ginger / Adrak
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1 tsp Dried fenugreek leaves
- 2 tbsp Refined Oil
- 3 Cloves / Lavang
- 4 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 8 Whole pepper corn/ Sabut Kali Mirch
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
Blanch,peel and grind tomato and make a smooth paste.
Gravy-Take 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add 1/2 tsp cumin,cinnamon,cloves ,peppercorns and green cardamom.
When seeds start crackling add cashew nuts,melon seeds and grated bottle gourd(lauki).
Saute for 2 minute,then add salt and kasoori methi(dried fenugreek leaves) and cook for 2-3 minutes or till bottle gourd get cooked,then take out the mixture in a bowl.
Let it cool down, then grind and make a fine and smooth paste.
Heat 1tbsp oil+1 tbsp butter in a pan,add capsicum pieces and saute for few seconds.then add turmeric,chili powder and tomato puree and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the bottle gourd gravy and cook again for 1 minute.
Add salt ,sugar,fresh cream and cottage cheese(paneer) pieces.
Mix and cook on slow flame till oil start seperating from the sides of the pan.
Add 1 tbsp butter and garnish with fresh coriander or fresh
Serving suggestions-best with naan,tandori roti or rice