Tomato Raita- Tangy yogurt and tomato dip
Servings: 4 people
- 4 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 250 gm Yogurt/Curd
- 200 gm Cucumber / Kheera / Kakdi
- 1 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 3/4 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1 tsp Black lentil / Urad daal
- 10 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
Take 1 t.s oil in a pan add mustard seeds ,cumin,black lentil, and curry leaves.
Saute till seeds start crackling ,then add asafoetida and turmeric .
Add chopped tomatoes and salt, cover and cook till they become soft.
Now add chilli powder and sugar ,cook for a while.
Take out in a bowl and let it cool down completely.
Grind it in the mixer and make a smooth paste
Now add grated cucumber and beaten curd in the tomato paste
Mix well and add fresh chopped coriander.
Serve chilled .
Serving suggestions-can serve with pulao ,paratha, jeera rice or as a dip