Tomato raita- Tangy tomato and yogurt dip with the tempering of cumin and mustard
tomato raita is a very refreshing and easy to make yogurt and tomato dip. This Tomato Raita can be served as a dip or side dish with your main meal.
I make many different types of mango pickles and chutneys and my favorite are-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
- 4 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 250 gm Yogurt/Curd
- 200 gm Cucumber / Kheera / Kakdi
- 1 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 3/4 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1 tsp Black lentil / Urad daal
- 10 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- Take 1 t.s oil in a pan add mustard seeds ,cumin,black lentil, and curry leaves.
- Saute till seeds start crackling ,then add asafoetida and turmeric .
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt, cover and cook till they become soft.
- Now add chilli powder and sugar ,cook for a while.
- Take out in a bowl and let it cool down completely.
- Grind it in the mixer and make a smooth paste
- Now add grated cucumber and beaten curd in the tomato paste
- Mix well and add fresh chopped coriander.
- Serve chilled .
- Serving suggestions-can serve with pulao ,paratha, jeera rice or as a dip