Vadi Baigan /Brinjal Curry
A delicious North Indian style brinjal and lentil nugget curry
Servings: 4 people
- 350 gms Brinjals / Baingan
- 4 tbsp Moong Vadi mangodi
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 2 small Chopped tomato
- 3 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 3 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
Chop brinjal into medium size pieces.
Heat oil in a pan,add cumin seed, asafoetida and mangodi’s
Stir fry on low heat till mangodi and cumin become golden brown.
Now add turmeric,chilli powder ,brinjal and salt.
Mix well and add 1 cup water , cover and cook for 15 minutes on low heat till almost done.
then add chopped tomato, mango powder and fresh coriander.
Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes or till cooked well.
Serving suggestions– Serve with roti,rice or as a side dish .