Sooji Upma- A quick, light and easy semolina and vegetable pilaf for breakfast
Servings: 2 person
- 1/2 cup Semolina / Sooji
- 2 cup Water / Paani
- 3 tbsp Green Peas / Hari Matar boiled or frozen
- 1 small Potatoes / Aloo
- 1/2 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 medium Tomato / Tamatar chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil or ghee
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1 tsp Black lentil / Urad daal
- 1 tbsp Green chili/hari mirch chopped
- 10 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
- 2 tbsp Peanuts / Moongphali crushed
Heat cooking oil or ghee in a heavy bottom wide pan .
Add the crushed peanuts and fry on low heat for few seconds ,now add the other tempering ingredients and cook till mustard start crackling.
Now add the chopped potatoes ,stir and then cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat till potatoes become soft then add peas and stir fry for few seconds.
Now add semolina in the pan and roast till light pink in colour
Add hot water,chopped tomato, salt, turmeric,red chilli powder and stir quickly,
Keep mixing till it become semi thick,now cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 2 minutes.
Remove from the flame and add lemon juice and green coriander.
Garnish with fresh grated coconut and roasted peanuts.
If it become too dry then just add 1/2 cup warm wate,mix and cook for few seconds.
Serve with coconut chutney
- -you can use cashew nuts instead of peanuts.
- can add any vegetables of your choice to make it more healthy and colourful.