Sooji Upma- A quick, light and easy semolina and vegetable pilaf for breakfast
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
- 1/2 cup Semolina / Sooji
- 2 cup Water / Paani
- 3 tbsp Green Peas / Hari Matar boiled or frozen
- 1 small Potatoes / Aloo
- 1/2 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 medium Tomato / Tamatar chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil or ghee
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1 tsp Black lentil / Urad daal
- 1 tbsp Green chili/hari mirch chopped
- 10 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
- 2 tbsp Peanuts / Moongphali crushed
- Heat cooking oil or ghee in a heavy bottom wide pan .
- Add the crushed peanuts and fry on low heat for few seconds ,now add the other tempering ingredients and cook till mustard start crackling.
- Now add the chopped potatoes ,stir and then cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat till potatoes become soft then add peas and stir fry for few seconds.
- Now add semolina in the pan and roast till light pink in colour
- Add hot water,chopped tomato, salt, turmeric,red chilli powder and stir quickly,
- Keep mixing till it become semi thick,now cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and add lemon juice and green coriander.
- Garnish with fresh grated coconut and roasted peanuts.
- If it become too dry then just add 1/2 cup warm wate,mix and cook for few seconds.
- Serve with coconut chutney
- -you can use cashew nuts instead of peanuts.
- can add any vegetables of your choice to make it more healthy and colourful.