Guvar Vadi Ki Sabzi
Guvar Vadi ki sabzi- A delicious curry made with cluster beans and lentil fritters
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time22 mins
- 425 gm Cluster beans /Guvar phali
- 2 tbsp Gram flour / Besan
- 1/2 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 2 small Tomatoes / Tamatar finely chopped
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1.5 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 1 tbsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1/3 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
for making vadi
- 1/3 cup White lentil/urad daal
- 1 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt / Namak
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1/4 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 3 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 10 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
Wash and soak urad daal/ white lentil for 3 hours
De- string the guvar ki phali and chop to make 1 inch long pieces.
Grind urad daal with green chili and make a medium thick paste. Now add salt and asafoetida and whisk it to make fluffy and light.
Heat oil in a pan and make small size vada's from the urad daal batter and fry to a nice golden colour. Drain and keep aside.
In a pressure cook add 3 cups of water, chopped guvar pahali,1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp turmeric and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
When the pressure cool down ,open the cooker and drain the boiled guvar on a colander.
Take 2 tbsp gram flour and mix with 1/2 cup of water and make a smooth, lump free paste
Heat oil in a pan and add the tempering ingredients , when mustard seeds start to crackle then add the chopped tomatoes and stir for a minutes.
Now add chili powder, turmeric, dhaniya powder,salt and the gram flour mixture, stir.
Now add 2 cups of water in the pan and let it come to a rolling boil .
When water start boiling add the boiled guvar ki phali, ginger and let it boil for 2-3 minutes.
Now add the fried vadi's and sugar and cover the pan with a lid and simmer till the vadi's swell up and become soft. You can add some hot water at this step if the curry become dry.
Now add chopped coriander and lemon juice in the curry and switch off the flame.
Serve hot with roti or with daal -chawal meal.