Dahi Potol Recipe/ Dahi Parwal ki sabzi
Doi Potol/ Dahi Parwal- Pointed Gourd shallow fried and simmered in tangy yogurt sauce
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time17 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 12 Pointed Gourd / Parwal/potol
- 1 cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 4 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1/3 cup Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- to taste Salt / Namak
- Pinch Garam Masala Powder
- 1/3 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 2 Tejpatta/ Bayleaf
- 2 Dried Red Chilli, Whole
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 4 Cloves / Lavang
- 4 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
Wash and peel the parwals on alternate stripes
Then make small slits in the peeled portions.
Apple 1/4 tsp salt and pinch turmeric on the peeled parwals and keep aside for 15 minutes
Heat Mustard oil in a pan and add the parwalas and saute till they turn slight golden. Drain and keep aside
Add turmeric, KashmirI chili powder, coriander powder in 1/3 cup water and mix well.
In the same pan add the tempering ingredients -bayleaf, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and dried red chili and saute for few seconds.
Now add green chili and then add the spice mixed with water and saute for a minute.
Remove the pan from the heat and the beaten curd and mix
Put the pan on the stove and cook for a minute.
Now add the fried potol and mix with the curd and cook for a minute.
Add about a cup of water and sugar ,cover the pan with a lid and simmer till the parwals /potol are done
When the parwals are done ,add 1 tsp ghee and garam masala powder and mix
Remove from the heat and serve hot.