Masala Gur- Jaggary cooked with spices and nuts- a winter specialty from Punjab
Servings: 20 slices
- 450 gm Jaggary / Gud *
- 20 Almonds / Badam crushed coarsely
- 12 Cashew Nuts / Kaju crushed coarsely
- 2.5 tbsp Melon Seeds / Magaz / Kharbooje Ke Beej
- 1/2 tbsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- 1.5 tbsp Ginger Powder / Saunth
- 1.5 tbsp Raisins / Kishmish
- 1.5 tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds/ Till
- 2.5 tbsp Pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
Grate or chop jaggary into small pieces.
Grease a steal plate with ghee and keep aside.
Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan and then add the jaggary.
Cook it on slow heat till it melt completely.
Now add all the ingredients in the melted jaggary and mix well quickly.
Now pour the prepared jaggary mixture in the plate in a medium thick layer.
Let it cool down for 15 minutes.
Make marks with a knife to cut into desired size of your choice.
Now let it cool down completely then separate the pieces and store in an air tight jar.
Have 1-2 pieces daily with breakfast or before lunch.
- Cook Jaggary till it melts , don't over cook else it become hard in texture.
- Add what ever nuts are available , You can replace almonds and cashew with roasted crushed peanuts also.
- Walnuts ,pecan,pistachio, pine nuts,sunflower seeds can also be added in it.