Flavourful Dhaniya Jeera Powder
Dhaniya Jeera powder/ Dhana jeera is a very flavourful blend of coriander seeds, cumin seeds and few other fragrant spices.
- 350 gm whole Coriander /Dhaniya beej/sabut dhaniya
- 50 gm Cumin seeds/Sabut Jeera
- 3 tbsp Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi 15 gm
- 1.5 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 4 tbsp Moringa Leaves powder Optional
- 2.5 cup Dried curry leaves (whole)/ Kadi Patta
- 3 Bay Leaves / Tej Patta
- 15 Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch
- 6 dried whole red chilies
In a pan roast cumin and coriander seeds for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
Now add cardamom,bay leaves, peppercorn,cinnamon ,dried curry leaves and whole red chili pieces and roast for a minute.
Switch off the flame and Leave it everything in the pan till it cool down completely.
Now add the moringa leaves powder and grind every thing to make a fine powder .
let it cool down for some time then store in an airtight jar and use when required.
Use it to make in all types of daal,kadhi ,sabzi and curries.