Dhaniya Jeera powder/ Dhana jeera is a very flavorful blend of coriander seeds, cumin seeds and few other fragrant spices.
Dhaniya Jeera powder is among the few basic spices used in each and every Indian kitchen. It is used to make almost all daal, kadhi, curries and sabzi’s . People usually add only whole coriander/dhaniya seeds and cumin to make dhaniya jeera powder but I have added few other spices, dried curry leaves and moringa leaves powder to make it more fragrant and healthy.
Moringa leaves are very healthy and full of nutrients but getting fresh moringa leaves and using them is not possible regularly. So I sun dry them and make moringa leaves powder and adds regularly in my chapati dough and in sabzi and curries. Adding moringa leaves powder in dhaniya jeera powder not only makes it more healthier but also gives a nice colour to the spice mix.
If you don’t have Moringa powder then no worries just add all the spices and dried curry leaves to make this dhana jeera powder . The spice mix will be equally flavorful and fragrant.
You can make this spice mix in bulk as it easily stays good for about 6 months but I prefer to make a fresh batch every 2 months so it remains very fresh and flavorful. After grinding store in an air tight jar to keep it fresh longer.
You can also try these delicious recipes-
- How To Make Moringa Leaves Powder
- Rajasthani Churi Ka Paratha
- Chai Ka Masala/ Tea Masala
- Lauki Moong Daal Cheela
- Hara Bhara Kabab
- Matar Mushroom Pulao
you can subscribe to my youtube channel- Maayeka for new recipes every week
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Flavourful Dhaniya Jeera Powder
- 350 gm whole Coriander /Dhaniya beej/sabut dhaniya
- 50 gm Cumin seeds/Sabut Jeera
- 3 tbsp Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi 15 gm
- 1.5 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 4 tbsp Moringa Leaves powder Optional
- 2.5 cup Dried curry leaves (whole)/ Kadi Patta
- 3 Bay Leaves / Tej Patta
- 15 Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch
- 6 dried whole red chilies
- In a pan roast cumin and coriander seeds for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Now add cardamom,bay leaves, peppercorn,cinnamon ,dried curry leaves and whole red chili pieces and roast for a minute.
- Switch off the flame and Leave it everything in the pan till it cool down completely.
- Now add the moringa leaves powder and grind every thing to make a fine powder .
- let it cool down for some time then store in an airtight jar and use when required.
- Use it to make in all types of daal,kadhi ,sabzi and curries.