Mooli Ka Thepla ,Paratha
Indian Flat bread made with grated Radish,wheat flour and few basic Indian spices
Servings: 4 person
- 2 cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 3 tbsp Pearl millet flour /Bajra aata
- 3 cup Radish/ Mooli
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya or radish leaves
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch finely chopped
- 1.5 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder optional
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 1.5 tsp sesame seeds /til
- 3 tbsp Yogurt / Dahi
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil to add in the dough
- Cooking Oil to cook parathas
Wash ,scrape and grate the Radish and keep aside.
In a big wide plate or bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
Now add oil,yogurt, grated radish and the remaining ingredients and and mix well.
Make a medium soft dough ,add little water if needed(it depends on how watery or juicy your radish is, you may or may not need water to make the dough)
Make equal size balls from the dough.
Take a dough ball ,dust with dry flour and roll to make a medium thick disc (thickness of like tortilla.)
Heat your griddle and put the rolled paratha/ disc over it and cook on medium heat from both the sides till you see few golden spots appearing.
Now apply some oil/ butter/clarified butter on the paratha and cook by pressing with a spatula to make it golden all over.
Flip the side and repeat the process .(if you want to cut the calories then can skip applying oil or ghee and just dry roast by pressing with a spatula to give a nice colour)
Remove from the griddle and serve hot with yogurt ,chutney and pickle
Serving suggestions- Goes well with Aloo tamatar ki sabzi, Palak Raita and Mint Chutney
- Instead of bajra flour you can use Gram flour /maize flour or jawar ka aata .
- Can use either fresh coriander or chopped radish leaves.