Pala Raita- Yoghurt Dip made with spinach puree and spices.
Palak Raita- Spinach is a very healthy vegetable which is full of health benefits. It is very rich in iron too. We make so many variety of recipes with spinach. During summer we use yogurt more to cool down our digestive system.
During summer we regularly makes different types of raita and yogurt based curry and kadhi’s. This palak raita is my favorite ad this is most healthier among all the raita I makes regularly.
For making palak raita you have to discard the thick steams from spinach and then wash it well 2-3 times to remove all the dirt and dust from the leaves.
then blanch palk in boiling water for 2-3 minutes or till the leaves wilt. Now remove the leaves from hot water and add in ice cold water. This step ensures that you will get bright green paste of spinach after grinding.After grinding add this spinach paste in beaten yogurt . Add all the spices and mix well.
Chill the prepared palak raita before serving. Thus delicious raita goes well with rice,pulao ,paratha and roti.
Do try these delicious yogurt recipes-
Palak Raita ,Spinach Dip
- 150 gm Spinach /palak
- 1 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 3/4 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder/ Bhuna Jeera
- 1.5 cup Yoghurt /dahi
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 1/4 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- Remove the thick steams from spinach and wash the leaves well with enough water.
- Boil 2 glasses of water in a pan ,when it start boiling add the leaves and cook for 1.5 minutes(without covering the pan).OR microwave for 2 minutes.
- Drain and refresh spinach in cold water.
- Grind the spinach with green chilles to a fine paste.
- Take the yoghurt in a big bowl and mix well.
- Add the spinach puree ,salt and roasted cumin powder.
- Mix well to make it smooth .
- Chill and serve.