Mooli Thepla /Paratha- – Indian Flat bread made with grated Radish,wheat flour and few basic Indian spices
Mooli Thepla is a Gujarati word for parathas ,which are usually made with some grated vegetable or fresh greens.In Northern India we use the term Parathas for plain and stuffed both type of parathas.. During winter stuffed parathas are made regularly at every North Indian Kitchen .
During this season very good quality of radishes are available in the market and they are very good for health too. I make different recipes with radish – Radish ki sabji/ bhujiya, pickle , Lachcha Salad and parathas are made regularly. Among so many variety of stuffed parathas I make Gobhi Paratha and Stuffed Mooli Parthas often as they are favorite of my family.
Mooli Parathas are made with two methods,stuffed ones and the simple thepla. The most popular version is Stuffed version which is little tricky to make . If you have not squeezed the moisture from the grated Radish then you may have difficulty in rolling the paratha ,but this thepla version is quite easier to make as compared to the stuffed Mooli paratha.
Just add grated radish in the dough and make delicious and crisp theplas. If still you have difficulty in rolling the theplas then use two thick polythene sheets and put the dough ball between the greased sheets and then roll easily.
These theplas can be served with tea as breakfast or serve for dinner and lunch with Aloo Tamatar ki sabzi, Mint Chutney and Raita
Do try these delicious recipes-
- Gatte ki sabzi ,
- Ker sangri ki sabzi
- Aloo Mangodi ki sabzi ,
- Papad Methi dana ki sabzi ,
- Kachchi haldi ki sabzi
- Guvar phali ki sabzi
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook and Instagram for more delicious recipes and updates
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Mooli Ka Thepla ,Paratha
- 2 cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 3 tbsp Pearl millet flour /Bajra aata
- 3 cup Radish/ Mooli
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya or radish leaves
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch finely chopped
- 1.5 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder optional
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 1.5 tsp sesame seeds /til
- 3 tbsp Yogurt / Dahi
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil to add in the dough
- Cooking Oil to cook parathas
- Wash ,scrape and grate the Radish and keep aside.
- In a big wide plate or bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Now add oil,yogurt, grated radish and the remaining ingredients and and mix well.
- Make a medium soft dough ,add little water if needed(it depends on how watery or juicy your radish is, you may or may not need water to make the dough)
- Make equal size balls from the dough.
- Take a dough ball ,dust with dry flour and roll to make a medium thick disc (thickness of like tortilla.)
- Heat your griddle and put the rolled paratha/ disc over it and cook on medium heat from both the sides till you see few golden spots appearing.
- Now apply some oil/ butter/clarified butter on the paratha and cook by pressing with a spatula to make it golden all over.
- Flip the side and repeat the process .(if you want to cut the calories then can skip applying oil or ghee and just dry roast by pressing with a spatula to give a nice colour)
- Remove from the griddle and serve hot with yogurt ,chutney and pickle
- Instead of bajra flour you can use Gram flour /maize flour or jawar ka aata .
- Can use either fresh coriander or chopped radish leaves.
Best web design company qatar says
Your recipe mooli paratha turned out yummy and delicious. Thanks for sharing.