Methi Corn Pulav
Fresh fenugreek and corn rice
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1.5 cup Corn Kernels / Makai Dana
- 1.25 cup Rice/chawal
- 2 cup Fresh Fenugreek / Hari Methi chopped
- 3/4 cup Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes / Kuti Lal Mirch
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch slit lengthwise
- 4 tbsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 2 Bay Leaves / Tej Patta
- 4 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 2 Cloves / Lavang
- 1 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 4 Dried Red Chilli, Whole
- 5 tbsp Cooking Oil
Wash and soak rice in enough water for 15 minutes.
Pluck tender leaves and stems from the methi bunch and wash them well.
Chop the washed methi leaves finely and keep aside.
Heat oil in a heavy broad pan and add cumin and all the tempering ingredients.
Now add the chopped tomatoes and green chilies and stir fry for a minute.
Add the chopped methi and corn and stir for a minute.
Now drain water from the rice and add in the pan .
Add salt and spices and stir fry for a minute.
Now add about 2 cups of water and let it come to a boil.
When the water started boiling ,mix it and cover with a lid.
Cook on low heat till done.
When done fluff with a fork and serve hot.