Beetroot Raita – Boiled and Grated beetroots added in spicy yogurt to make a healthy dip
Beetroot Raita Recipe -Initially I don’t like beetroots much but due to its numerous health benefits I started using it ,I often make simple and healthy -beetroot stir fry and this delicious beetroot raita .
Making Beetroot Raita is very easy. Just boil whole beetroot in the pressure cooker for 2 whistles and then peel the beetroot. Now grate the beetroot with a medium grater. Whisk the yogurt and add all the spices and the grated beetroot. You can also add the tempering of cumin and curry leaves on top while serving. Chill in the refrigerator for some time and then serve the raita.
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
- 2.5 cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 2 Beetroot / Chukandar (medium)
- 3/4 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 3/4 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 1/3 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 8 Curry Leaves
- 1 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 3/4 tsp Cooking Oil
- Wash beetroot well and then put in the pressure cooker with 1.5 cup water.
- Pressure cook on medium heat till 3 whistles.
- Take out from the cooker and wash or dip in cold water to stop further cooking.
- Peel the beetroot and then grate it.
- Take a big bowl and add yogurt in it and whisk well.
- Now add grated beetroot,salt ,sugar and chili powder and mix it gently.
- Heat oil in a small pan add cumin seeds and green chili,then add curry leaves.
- Pour this tempering in the yogurt mixture and mix.
- Chill before serving.