Mooli Baigan Ki Sabzi- A simple and delicious stir fry made with brinjal and radish
Mooli baigan ki sabzi is a winter special dish made in Northern India specially in Punjab and Uttar Pradesh. As Mooli/Radish is quite strong and pungent in taste so many don’t like it but in this sabzi The taste of mooli blends so well with brinjal that you will surely love this preparation.
Radish cleanse our stomach and liver and purify our blood and thus recommended for jaundice patients. Its high on fiber so improve digestion and also regulates the production of bile. Rich in potassium so helps in lowering our blood pressure.It have a cooling effect on our body.Radish helps to cure acidity,nausea,and gastric problems.It is rich in Vitamin A,C,K. It also reduces the absorption of cholesterol thus a heart friendly vegetable.Radish juice is used to treat many types of cancer.
Radish and brinjal both are very healthy vegetables and should be used regularly. During the season I makes Baigan ka Bharta, Kashmiri Dahi Baigan, Mooli Ka Achar , Stuffed Mooli Paratha and the fresh and crisp Mooli Salad- Mooli Ka Lachcha Salad and every one at home just loves these preparations.
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Mooli Baigan ki Sabzi
- 400 gm Brinjals / Baingan
- 250 gm Radish/ Mooli
- 1/3 cup Green Peas / Hari Matar
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1.5 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 1 medium Tomato / Tamatar chopped
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1.5 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- to taste salt
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 4 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 3/4 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 10 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
- Wash and chop brinjal into medium size cubes
- Peel and chop radish in medium size cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds,when seeds start to crackle add asafoetida, chopped green chilies and curry leaves.
- Now add turmeric and chopped radish and saute for few seconds and then cover with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add chopped brinjal, peas and salt and mix well, cover and cook till its 3/4 done.
- Now add the chopped tomato and ginger and mix.cover and cook till almost done
- Add Red chili powder,coriander powder and mango powder and mix gently,cover and simmer for a minute .
- Switch off the flame and add fresh coriander and mix gently.
- Serve with rice ,roti or paratha.