- Add 1 tbls of fruit jam in a glass of cold milk,blend well and a quick delicious fruit shake is ready for kids
- Add 2 tbls pickle masala, 2 tbls pickle oil and a pinch of salt in a cup of wheat flour to make delicious achari poori’s for breakfast and as a travel food.
- Add 1 tbls left over pickle masala in regular subzi to make achari aloo,achari bhindi and achari brinjal or any dry curry of your choice..
- Add kiwi fruit,green apple,oranges,berries or any sour or over ripe fruit to make coriander chutney more nutritious.
- While making coriander chutney add few nuts of your choice to make it more nutritious and to increase its shelf life.
- If you have added too much chilli powder in a gravy then add some curd ,lemon juice or 2 .t.s ghee in it to balance it.
- If your gulab jamuns turn out hard ,don’t worry,just put them in the pressure cooker with sugar -syrup and cook for 5 minute on medium heat and then serve warm with a smile.
- While making home made potato chips,mix some alum powder in the water and soak the chips in it,before boiling.
- While grinding red chili powder add little mustard oil in it to get a bright red colour.
- Its much easier to grind small cardamom if you add some sugar to it while grinding.
- Add 1 tbls gram flour in semolina for making delicious sooji halwa .
- While making gravy for a kofta or paneer dish ,use milk instead of water for smoother gravy
- If asafoetida become too hard then keep a green chilli with it.
- If you are short of tomatoes to make gravy, then add some tomato ketchup.
- Add little bounvita in coffee for a delicious twist in the taste.
- Grease the leftover dough with slight oil or ghee before covering and storing it in the refrigerator.
- Add little glycerine in the cake batter to make it more soft and moist.
- Add some routine spices and a bread in leftover rice ,mash the mixture well and make crispy fritters.
- After making cottage cheese/paneer don’t throw the whey, use it the to make roti dough or use in any curry.
- Add a pinch of dried mint powder in tomato soup to make it more flavourful.
- Add a apple with potatoes ,they will stay fresh and will not sprout easily.
- If facing difficulty in rolling aloo parantha,,then add add some dry roasted gram flour or little bread crumbs in the filling,it will not come out while rolling.
- Try to add whole curry leaf spring in the dish,it will be easy to remove after cooking.
- Use scissor to chop green chillies and coriander.
- While boiling potatoes add some salt or vinegar in the water, to avoid cracking while boiling.
- Use white tooth powder to clean your silvarware and silvar jewellary.
- If you have added extra salt in the dish,don’t worry just add a peeled raw potato or a ball of wheta flour dough and boil for a minute,then discard the potato or flour ball.
- If your rice are burned,don’t worry just put a slice of bread in the pan for 10 minute,bread will absorb the burned flavour.
- Freeze left over coffee in ice try and next time when you make cold coffee ,use these cubes instead of plain ice cubes
- To remove worms from cauliflower ,add some white vinegar or turmeric in the water and soak the florets in it for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 t.s white vinegar in idli batter to make softer idlis.
- Add some gram flour or semolina in wheat flour to make crisp poori’s.
- To enhance the flavour of coffee ,add a pinch of salt into it.
Tips for household maintenance:
- Stains from your crockery or melamine ware-add 2 caps of bleach/clorex in 2 lit water and soak your crockery overnight.
stains from inside the pressure cooker-add some vinegar or lemon peels
in 2 cup water and pressure cook for 2 whistle and scrub well.
- Remove oil paint stains- rub with white spirit.
- Remove carbon paper stains- with spirit.
- Remove fungus stains from leather -first rub with candle wax and then wipe with soft cloth.
- Ink stains from leather -use nail polish remover and clean
- Clean suede shoes and bags -rub them with sandpaper.
- Remove stains from your aluminium pans-just boil some apple peels in it.
- Remove grease from gas stove or pan -apply oven cleaner or paint thinner and wash easily afterwards .
- Remove mould from the walls-mix 1 cup of bleach in a gallon of water and scrub well then wash well with water.
- To open the cloged gas stove burners-soak overnight in soda aur drain opener solution.
- To remove wax from cloth and sheets -put them in the frezzer and peel off when becom hard.
- To remove sticker-use a hair dryer for few minutes ,and then peel off the sticker.
remove the calcium build up from your electric kettle- just boil a
mixture of half vinegar and half water and then wash off.
- Pour your leftover cola drink in the toilet bowl to make it cleaner
Smell / Odour removal:
- To remove the smell of kitchen sponge , soak it in water with a little white vinegar or lemon juice , then heat in microwave for 1 minute.
- Keep a small open box of baking powder in the refrigerator to absorb all smells.
- To remove the smell from the tharmas flask -wash it with salted buttermilk.OR wash with water and baking soda mixture.
- Light a candle in the room to get rid of cigarette odour from the room.
- To remove the carpet odour -take a box of baking soda and spread on the floor for some time and then remove.
- Stinky sink-mix equal quantity of bleach and hot water and pour in the sink,pour hot water after 5 minutes,
- Add few drops of your old and expired perfume in the water ,for moping your room flour.
- Urine and bacteria smell in carpet-mix 1 part vinegar and 3 part water and rub it on the carpet.rinse it with water after an hour and sun dry.
Keeping flowers fresh –
- Flowers stays fresher in copper flower vase.
- Add aspirin tablet or copper coin in flowerpot ,will stays fresh longer.
- Add little boric powder in carnation flowers,will stays fresh longer.
- Soak dried coconut husk in water and add in moneyplant pot.
- Use the water from your fish tank to water your plants,as the fish dropping will work as a great fertilizer
- Ants-Add few cloves in sugar container to avoid ant attack.
- To discourage ants ,sprinkle some cigareete ash or petroleum jelly near their opening/colonies.
- Keep a spray bottle with soapy water handy and spray the ants with it.
- Sprinkle some turmeric or chalk powder near ant colonies. If you can’t get rid of them, contact https://www.pestcontrolexperts.com/ to help you out.
small balls from boric powder,sugar and flour and keep in the cupboard
and kitchen corners to avoid cockroches.
- Spray soapy water directly on coackroaches to kill them.
- Dust mites-vaccum your mattresses and pillows regularly (with a Bissell vacuum if you want good results).
- Dust bedding with tannic acid powder to remove dust mites.
- Get a new queen mattress every 8 or so years for hygiene and comfort.
- Mosquitos-burning camphor is a good mosquito repellent.
- Put some neem oil on a used mosquito repellent mat and use,neem oil is a natural and effective repellent.
- Plant some merigild around your house,insects and mosquitos don’t like its fragrance and stay off.
- Flies-put few drops of eucalyptus oil in a cotton ball and keep in every room.
- Keep small sachets of dried mint powder around your house.
- Use the water from your fish tank to water your plants,as the fish dropping will work as a great fertilizer.