Crispy fried bitter gourd chips/ karela kachri
preparation time-15 minutes
cooking time -15 minutes
- Rice flour-3 tbsp
- Red chili powder-1 tbsp
- Turmeric-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala-1/3 tsp
- Mango powder- 3/4 tbsp
- Castor sugar-1/2 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Cooking oil-to deep fry
- Wash and peel bitter gourd/karela and then slice to make thin roundals.
- Apply 1 tsp of salt on the karela slices and keep aside for 1/2 hour.
- Wash them well and spread on a cloth napkin for a minute to absorb all the extra water ,but no need to squeeze the water.
- Now mix all the dry ingredients in a wide bowl.
- Dip the karela slices in this dry mix and arrange in a a plate.
- Heat oil in a wide and deep pan.
- Now dip the karela pieces again in the dry mix and deep fry in batches.
- first add on high heat then reduce the flame to medium.
- Deep fry the chips till golden and crisp.
- Drain on a paper napkin to remove all the extra fat.
- Serve immediately.
Serving suggestions-serve with daal,rice or rotis
1-Peeling karela is optional,you can make it without peeling too.
2-Better to serve immediately as they become soft if kept for some time.
3-Slice thinly to make them crisp.