Crisp karela chips – Crispy fried bitter gourd chips/ karela kachri
Crisp Karela Chips/ karela kachri – Bitter gourd is among the few vegetables which are very healthy but are disliked by most of the people.
Subscribe to my you tube channel- Maayeka for more such interesting recipes
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Karela Chips | Bitter Gourd Chips
- 3 Bitter Gourd / Karela
- 2 tbsp Arrowroot / Corn Flour / Tapkir
- 2 tbsp Rice flour
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 1 tbsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- to taste Salt
- To Fry Cooking oil
- 1 tsp Chat masala to sprinkle
- Wash and peel bitter gourd/karela and then slice to make thin roundals.
- Apply 1 tsp of salt on the karela slices and keep aside for 1/2 hour
- Wash them well and spread on a cloth napkin for a minute to absorb all the extra water ,but no need to squeeze the water.
- Now put the slices in a wide bowl.
- Add all the spices in the karela slices and mix well
- now add corn flour and rice flour and mix well.
- Heat oil in a wide and deep pan.
- Add few karela slices in hot oil and fry.
- First add on high heat then reduce the flame to medium.Deep fry the chips till golden and crisp.
- Drain on a paper napkin to remove all the extra fat.
- Can sprinkle with some chat masala before serving.
- Serve immediately with your meal or as a snack.
1-Peeling karela is optional,you can make it without peeling too.
2-Better to serve immediately as they become soft if kept for some time.
3-Slice thinly to make them crisp.