Veg Pizza Recipe – one of the most loved fast food across the world. It is the perfect meal. A slice for lunch, some more for dinner, and left over slices for breakfast.
However if you ask me the where to find the perfect pizza, I can’t suggest one restaurant. One restaurant has veg pizza with the perfect sauce, another has my favorite combination of toppings, one has a good balance of both but the crust is too thick, and the other well it is just near home.
So my love for Veg pizza and a failed attempts to find the perfect pizza made me make it at home . The first pizza was restaurant style – Refined flour dough, spicy sauce and my favorite toppings and there it was- my perfect pizza!!
So after that we started making pizzas at home, not only is it more hygienic and fresh but it is also like a picnic at home. We set up the oven in the living room itself, everyone takes turn assembling their own customized pizzas, and we all watch a movie while we wait for each pizza to take 15-20 minutes to bake. That’s a good 1-2 hours spent on having dinner. I also make the pizza slightly healthier by making the dough with a 50/50 mix of wheat flour/atta and refined flour/maida. But if you want the taste of restaurant style pizza then you can easily make it with refined flour only. Adding wheat flour is optional.
Restaurant style veg pizza dough only has salt in it – but since I am making it myself – I added chili flakes and herbs in the dough which really enhances the taste of the pizza (especially the crust bits). In this pizza I have used my favorite topping of vegetables but you should go ahead and experiment any way you like!
A few tips on toppings for veg pizza recipe-
- Try grilling thicker vegetables a little bit before putting on the pizza. Broccoli / Broccolini, asparagus, Eggplant, portabello mushrooms, cauliflower work very well as toppings when grilled
- Use fresh Jalapenos instead of pickled/canned ones. They are a little expensive, but the difference in taste is unbelievable.
- Use canned pineapples instead of fresh pineapples. Fresh pineapples are unreliable in terms of sweetness.
- Marinade paneer in a mix of dry spices (methi, chili powder, chat masala, jeera powder, and oil) for a little bit before using as a topping
- Experiment! Below is a small list of ideas:
- Fresh Veggies: Tomatoes, capsicum, zucchini, roasted portobello mushrooms, roasted asparagus, corn, jalapenos, roasted cauliflower
- Preserved/Pickled Veggies: Sun dried tomatoes, black olives, kalamata olives, green olives, canned mushrooms
- Greens: Baby Spinach, Baby Kale, Baby Arugula, Fresh Basil, Cilantro
- Fruits: Canned pineapples, canned oranges, pears, pomegranate seeds (make sure they have enough pulp in them – don’t want it to get to crunchy/woody)
- Cheese: Feta Cheese (just a little bit), Cream Cheese, Gorgonzola, Cheddar, Shaved Provolone, Ricotta, Goat cheese, Any cheese blend (Monterrey Jack/Colby etc)
- Sauces: Basil Pesto, Sour Cream, Hummus (mixed a little bit in the cheese itself), Barbecue Sauce, Hot Sauce, Balsamic Vinegar (as a drizzle)
- Others: Cooked black beans, cooked chickpeas, macaroni and cheese, spicy potatoes or french fries
Pizza sauce– Home made fresh pizza sauce taste best ,I have shared the pizza sauce recipe here- Home made pizza sauce