Masala Milk-is a sweetened milk flavoured with saffron, cardamom and nuts
Masala milk is a heathy and delicious milk made with flavorful warming spices , nuts and either sugar, jaggery ,brown sugar,dates or date syrup can be added for sweetness.
This milk is very filling and nutritious for all age groups,. You can have it at bedtime or can have it with your breakfast.I prefer to make it with full fat milk but you can use any milk of your choice.
This masala milk is very easy to make. First of all powder the spices and nuts you want to add in this milk and then add in the boiling milk with the preferred sweetener of your choice. You can add sugar or make it sugar free. Most commonly used Spices are cardamom, nutmeg , saffron or turmeric, dried ginger powder and pepper powder , you can use your prefered one in it. If making in summer then skip using nutmeg, ginger powder in the milk as they increase heat in your body.
Almonds, cashew, pistachio, chirolis taste good in this milk, you can add all or few prefered ones. These nuts are crushed in a semi coarse powder for a nice crunch in the milk, but can also be made in a powder .You can slice few for garnishing purpose.
you can add make this masala fresh and add in the boiling milk or if you make this milk regularly then it is best to make milk masala in a large batch in store in an airtight jar and use regularly. I have posted the recipe of milk masala earlier in my blog .
you can check these recipes-
- 2 glass Milk
- 1/2 cup Almonds / Badam
- 1/2 cup Cashew Nuts / Kaju
- 1/3 cup Pistachio / Pista
- 4 tbsp Chiroli / Chironji
- 25 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- 1 tbsp Ginger Powder / Saunth
- 1/2 Saffron / Kesar
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 2 pinch Nutmeg/Jaiphal
- Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan
- Remove the seeds from the cardamom pods and grind to a fine powder (add the cardamom peel in your tea leaves box.)
- Coarsely Crush the almond, cashew and pista in the mixer or vegetable chopper .
- Now take out the nuts in a bowl and then add chiroli,turmeric powder ,ginger powder, cardamom powder, pepper powder, crushed saffron and grated nutmeg,
- Store this powder in a airtight jar.
- Add 4 tbsp of this mix in the boiling milk and then add sugar in the milk.
- Let the milk simmer for 10 minutes.
- keep stirring occasionally till it thicken slightly.
- Serve this masla milk hot or cold as per your preference.
- Garnish with some masala milk powder or sliced nuts and saffron.