Ram Ladoo,Moong Daal Pakoda -lentil nuggets drizzled with tangy Indian sauce and garnished with grated radish and lime juice
Moong daal pakoda /Ram laddo’s are very popular in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh (India). A very tangy and chatpata snack,yes you read it right- these moong daal pakora /ram ladoos are not at all a sweet dish , but a favorite chat item/street food, specially sold during winter season. IN winters you can find it in every road side chat corners or hawkers selling in streets and lanes.
How To make Ram ladoo/ Moong daal Bhajiya –
Small nuggets made with ground yellow lentils(moong daal) bengal gram(chana daal) and spices,are deep fried and then date and tamarind chutney and green chutney is drizzled over them and then the final garnish-grated radish and squeeze of lime juice .
It taste just awesome !the radish and lemon juice garnish make all the difference!
Check the video recipe from My Youtube Channel- Maayeka
- Mathura ke Dubki wale aloo
- Urad daal kachori
- Aloo ki khasta kachori
- Moong Sprout Kachori
- Bengali Style Matar Kachori
- Matar Paneer Kachori
- Raj Kachori
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Moong Daal Pakora /Moong Daal Ladoo/ Ram laddoo
- 3/4 cup Yellow lentil/Moong Ki Daal
- 1/4 cup Bengal Gram/ Chana Daal
- 3 Green chilies/Hari Mirch
- 1 tsp Ginger/Adrak
- 4 Fresh Coriander/ Hara Dhaniya
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder /Laal Mirch Powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida/Hing
- To Taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seed/ Sabut Jeera
- 1 cup Radish grated
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriender/ Hara Dhaniya
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 1/2 Cup Tamarind Chutney
- 3/4 Cup Green Chutney
- Wash and soak both the lentils in enough water for approx.4 hours.
- Drain the water, wash again and grind both the lentils with green chilies and asafoetida .(the mixture should be thick and slightly coarse,don’t make it very smooth)
- Take out the mixture in a bowl and beat well with a whisk to make it lighter and fluffy.
- To check-take a small bowl of water and drop a small ball of batter in it,if it floats over the water then its ready to fry,if it sinks in the bottom then you need to beat it again till the drop floats on the water.
- When done add salt, cumin seeds and grated ginger, mix well
- Heat oil in a deep pan,wet your hands, take small portion of mixture in your hand and drop small size dumplings in hot oil.
- Deep fry on medium heat till golden in colour and then drain on a paper napkin.
- Take them in a seving plate,press the nuggets slightly.
- Drizzle tamarind chutney and green chutney over them.
- Now add grated raddish over it ,squeeze lemon juice and sprinkle some chili powder and black salt (or use table salt)
- Finally add some chopped coriander and serve with a tooth pick.