Raj Kachori- Crispy fried shells dressed with various toppings and chutneys/Indian style crispy tacos
If you have done your preparations right, then it is a very quick and easy dish to assemble and serve. The outer shells of raj kachori, and most of the other ingredients can be prepared ahead of time. The shells in particular, remain fresh for a fortnight so it is good to make them a few days before the festivities.
A mixture of boondis, papadis, boiled potatoes, boiled chickpeas, dahi vadas, sprouts can be stuffed inside the kachori. There is no fix list of components in the stuffings, and you can create your own version from whatever is easily available at hand, or can be prepared easily. You can just add potatoes, sprouts or boondis and some chopped tomatoes to make it a quick, light, and healthy appetizer.
Do Try these Chaat Recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Diwali Special: How to make Raj Kachori / Indian style crispy tacos
- To make Raj Kachori-
- 1 CUP Semolina / Sooji
- 1 tbsp Refined flour / Maida
- 1/4 cup Gram flour / Besan
- 2 tsp Cooking oil
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- Pinch Fruit salt / Eno
- to Taste Salt
- To assemble-
- 1 cup Chickpeas / Kabuli chana boiled
- 2 small Potatoes boiled
- 6 Dahi vada
- 3 tbsp Boondi
- 8 Papdi crushed
- 3 tbsp Namkeen Bhujiya / Nylon sev
- 3 tbsp Pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 1/2 cup Mint or Coriander Chutney
- 1/3 cup Tamarind chutney /Imli ki chutney
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin powder
- 1.5 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 1 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- In a bowl add all the ingredients listed to make Raj Kachori.
- Mix everything well.
- Add just enough water to make medium soft dough.
- Cover and rest the dough for 15 minutes.
- Knead it again and make small balls from the dough.
- Roll to make medium thick pooris/discs
- Slide the prepared poori in hot oil.
- Press with a spatula to help it puff completely.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and deep fry in from both sides till golden in colour
- When done drain on a paper napkin.
- Let them cool down completely.
- Beat yogurt and add some salt and 1/2 tsp sugar.
- When you want to serve then poke it on top and make a hole in it.
- Add chopped potato,chick peas,dahi vada.
- Add some curd and green chutney.
- Add some crushed papadi and boondi and fill it till the top.
- Again drizzle yogurt,green chutney and tamarind chutney.
- Add some bhujiya sev and sprinkle chili powder,cumin powder and black salt.
- Garnish with anar dana/pomegranate seeds.
- Serve immediately