Pumpkin raita -Yellow pumpkin and yogurt dip
During summers we all prefer to have yogurt with our meals ,so we make varieties of raitas and yogurt salads.
Raita is a simple dip which can be made by adding fruits and vegetables in chilled beaten yogurt ,you just need few spices to enhance the taste.Raita goes well with almost any preparation,you can serve it as a side dish or as a dip.
Prep time-10 minutes
- Yellow pumpkin/kaddu /kashiphal -1.5 cup
- Yogurt-2 cup
- Fresh coriander,chopped-1 tbsp
- Black salt- 1/3 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Cooking oil-1 tsp
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Curry leaves-8
- Chili powder-1 tsp
- Peel pumpkin and then chop to make big pieces.
- Pressure cook chopped pumpkin with a cup of water for 3 whistles or boil till cooked well.
- Let it cool down completly and then mash it with a spoon.
- Add mashed pumpkin,salt, black salt,chopped coriander and 1/2 tsp of chili powder in yogurt and whisk well.
- Heat oil in small pan or laddle then add cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- When cumin become golden ,remove the pan from the flame.
- When oil cool down slightly add 1/2 tsp of chili powder in it.
- Add this tempering in the yogurt and mix.
- Chill and serve.