Pumpkin raita – A very healthy delicious and refreshing Yellow pumpkin and yogurt dip
Pumpkin Raita -During summers we all prefer to have yogurt with our meals ,so we make varieties of raitas and yogurt salads.
Pumpkin Raita is a simple dip which can be made by adding fruits and vegetables in chilled beaten yogurt ,you just need few spices to enhance the taste. Raita goes well with almost any preparation,you can serve it as a side dish or as a dip.
Making Pumpkin Raits is very easy. You can use either green or yellow peel pumpkin to make this raits .Peel and chop the pumpkin. now pressure cook chopped pumpkin with little water. Let it cool down completely and them coarsely mash it. Use the water in which you have boiled the pumpkin to dilute the yogurt.
Whisk the yogurt and pumpkin mix and add spices . Make a tempering of cumin seeds and red chili powder and pour over the prepared raita .Best served with stuffed parathas,rice and pilafs.
If you are looking for some more raita recipes then check these-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook , Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
- 1.5 cup Yellow pumpkin/ Kashiphal/ Bhopla
- 2 cup Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Fresh Coriander/ Dhaniya
- 1/3 tsp Pink Salt
- to taste Salt
- 1 tsp Cooking oil
- 1 tsp Cumin/ Jeera
- 8 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- Peel pumpkin and then chop to make big pieces.Pressure cook chopped pumpkin with a cup of water for 3 whistles or boil till cooked well.
- Let it cool down completly and then mash it with a spoon.
- Add mashed pumpkin,salt, black salt,chopped coriander and 1/2 tsp of chili powder in yogurt and whisk well.
- Heat oil in small pan or laddle then add cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- When cumin become golden ,remove the pan from the flame.
- When oil cool down slightly add 1/2 tsp of chili powder in it.
- Add this tempering in the yogurt and mix.Chill and serve.
This looks delicious, but when I click on the urad dal kachori link it says the page doesn't exist. 🙁
Rumana Ambrin says
Very unique and flavourful raita….
harpreet bedichadha says
This is a new use of pumpkin to me.would love to try this dish
Wer SAHM says
My favourite Raita… looks appealing …
Priya Suresh says
Very innovative raita, looks delicious.
Rafeeda AR says
lovely idea for having pumpkin in raita…
Kaveri Venkatesh says
Hmmm….raita with pumpkin..sounds interesting…looks yummy
Santosh Bangar says
innovative idea of raita
Never had a pumpkin raitha before. Interesting recipe
Sanoli Ghosh says
Very unique raita, looks delicious.