Sooji corn balls- Cheesy dumpling made with semolina ,capsicum and corn- a easy ,quick and delicious snack
As the Indian Festival Deepawali is near and every one is busy in the cleaning and decoration of house, preparations of snacks ,making list of gifts for near and dear one .The task of making home made sweets and snacks is most important as we all prefer either making dry snacks which we can make and store before Diwali
Sooji corn balls is a quick and easy snack which every one like and the ingredients are easily available at home. I have added corn and capsicum but you can add peas ,cabbage or blanched beans into it. addition of cheese is optional you can add or skip it as your preference.
You can also try these delicious snacks-
Sooji corn balls
- 1 cup Semolina / Sooji
- 3/4 cup Corn Kernels / Makai Dana
- 3 tbsp Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes / Kuti Lal Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1.5 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1/3 cup Cheese
- 1 cup Whole Milk / Doodh
- 1.5 cup Water / Paani
- 1/3 cup Refined Flour / Maida
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs, Dried
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Coarsely crush corn in mortar and pestle or pulse in the grinder(keep aside 2 tbsp whole corn kernels)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add chopped green chilies in it and stir for few seconds.
- Then add semolina and roast for about a minute on medium heat.
- Now add chopped capsicum,crushed corn ,spices , milk and water
- Cook on medium heat till the mixture thickens and become lumpy.
- let it cool down and come to room temperature.
- In a bowl add maida ,salt ,pepper powder and water and make a medium thick slurry and keep aside.
- Make small size balls from the mixture,flatten them slightly and stuff cheese in it and then close it and make a ball.
- Spread bread crumbs in a plate.
- Dip the balls in the maida slury and then roll in the bread crumbs.
- In a wide and deep pan heat enough oil to deep fry.
- Gently drop the prepared balls in the hot oil.
- Cook on medium heat till the balls become golden in colour.
- Remove the fried balls from the pan and drain on a paper napkin to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve hot corn balls with tomato ketchup or any tangy dip of your choice.
- instead of using milk and water you can add milk only.
- Can stuff grated cheese or cheese cubes in the balls.