Bean Sprout Rolls- Homemade crispy rolls made with refined flour and stuffed with mildly spiced bean sprout filling
Bean sprout rolls- These moong sprout rolls is a very healthy snack. You can make your own sheets by making and rolling dough or you can use ready made spring roll sheets for making these sprout rolls.
The healthy stuffing is made with home made bean sprouts which are slightly cooked in the pressure cooker and then few spices are added . Boiled potato is added for binding the filling ,you can skip or reduce the quantity of potato if you wish too.
You can brush these rolls and bake in the hot oven or in the air fryer instead of deep frying. Serve these Delicious sprout rolls with tomato ketchup or any tangy dip of your choice.
Do try these delicious snacks-
Bean Sprout Rolls
Servings: 8 people
- 1.5 cup Refined Flour / Maida
- 1/4 cup Corn Flour
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 5 drops Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 3 cups Bean sprouts/moong sprouts ( Moong Sprouts )
- 1 cup Potatoes / Aloo Boiled *
- 1 tbsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1.5 tsp Ginger / Adrak Chopped
- 15 Fresh Mint / Hara Pudina
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/3 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2.5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- Wash the bean sprouts well to remove any smell
- Take 1 cup water,1/2 tsp sugar and bean sprouts in the pressure cooker and cook for 1 whistle on medium heat.
- Remove the cooker from the flame and then lift the whistle slightly with the help of a spoon and release the steam.
- Drain the sprouts in a colander(place a dish under the colander to collect the water,can use this water to make chapati dough or in any curry)
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin ,asafoetida and chopped green chilies.
- When cumin become golden, add sprouts and saute on medium heat to remove the extra moisture .
- Now add all the spices, finely chopped potato and chopped mint and saute for a while.
- Take out in a bowl and let it come to room temperature.
- take a bowl and add refined flour,corn flour,salt and baking powder.
- Mix and then add oil and rub well.
- Add just enough water and make a medium stiff dough.
- Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Make medium size balls from the dough and roll them into medium thin discs(poori)
- Place approx. 2 tbsp of filling in the center and fold from both the sides(apply little water on the sides before folding)
- Fold the roll as shown in the pics and gently press the joints.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the rolls on medium heat till half done and then lower the flame and fry till golden in colour.
- Drain on a paper napkin and serve hot.
*-you can substitute potato with boiled banana or cottage cheese. Serving suggeastions-serve with any tangy dip or ketchup.
Sireesha Puppala says
happy to follow you 🙂
Grand Giveaway at SIRISFOOD.COM-Link in recipes and Win exciting prizes
Awesome appetizer ..sprout filling make it more healthy and delicious!
Happy Diwali to you and all your family and friends!:)
M D says
That looks delicious. Love your stuffing!
Kitchen Queen says
I made curry of sprouts, thanks for liking my guest post on meena's.
Nutritious stuffing,i'll happilly have this rolls for my evening snack.
Divya Pramil says
Healthy stuffing in a super delicious snack 🙂 Loved it!!
Wheat Flour Balls / Godhumai Maavu Urundai
Roopam Singh says
That's a great recipe. I am going to try it.
Sushma Madhuchandra says
Looks absolutely perfect and tempting.. love it 🙂
Kaveri Venkatesh says
Very nicely made…looks delicious
Wow, I love the bean sprout stuffing!!
Faseela Noushad says
Roll with healthy stuffing ….yum
thanks for the step by step pics for filling.. tempting rolls..
Priya Satheesh says
Yummy n delicious stuffing!!!
Meena B says
lovely i had made sprouts yday only..
Love the healthy stuffing in the roll.. Very inviting appetizer..